By Priscilla Dass-Brailsford
This textual content offers execs with the abilities had to successfully support survivors of failures, together with typhoon Katrina, with therapeutic, restoration, and resilience. This finished assortment comprises robust, direct bills of first responders and the firms they signify. Taking a realistic, skill-building process, it deals transparent and pragmatic strategies to aid prone, educators, advocates, and policymakers larger know how to satisfy the wishes of kids, households, and groups within the aftermath of mess ups.
- Provides a considerable evaluate of the present theoretical and examine literature on mess ups and catastrophe response
- Emphasizes multicultural competency within the aftereffects of disasters
- Uses a pragmatic skill-building method of increase potential in situation work
- Covers the non secular dimensions of therapeutic in addition to funeral practices to inspire dialogue on grief and mourning
This e-book is a must have reference for psychological healthiness practitioners. For graduate scholars of counseling, psychology, or social paintings, situation and catastrophe Counseling will make clear how concept and examine might be utilized to perform and policy.
Read or Download Crisis and Disaster Counseling: Lessons Learned From Hurricane Katrina and Other Disasters PDF
Best psychological counselling books
The recent version of the vintage assisting Traumatized households not just bargains clinicians a unified, evidence-based thought of the systemic influence of disturbing stress—it additionally info a scientific method of supporting households heal through selling their traditional therapeutic assets. notwithstanding the influence of trauma on a relatives should be development generating, a few households both fight or fail to evolve effectively.
This new, extra streamlined model of the 1999 3rd version brings the present fabrics and references modern and omits details now available on-line and elsewhere. The up-to-date fabric within the Counselor and the gang makes this e-book an outstanding source if you happen to are either studying and practising via offering a established problem-solving method of workforce paintings.
Dieses Buch vertritt die Auffassung, dass die Selbstverständlichkeit, mit der ein Berufsorchester sich auf die traditionelle, selbstreferentielle Existenzbegründung verlassen kann, abnehmen wird. Jedes Berufsorchester wird vielmehr individuell und auf seine Existenzbedingungen und Potentiale abgestimmt abwägen müssen, welche Strategien zukunftsfähig sind.
Turning into a counselor takes labor, commitment, and a ton of education. so much graduate courses require 20 periods be accomplished, which equals greater than 900 hours of lecture room guide over a yr interval. that is loads of details! many of the details offered in counselor schooling is vital to the sphere, a few of it truly is mildly very important, and a few of it isn't necessary as a certified.
- Handbook of Counseling Military Couples (Family Therapy and Counseling)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Anxiety Disorders: Mastering Clinical Challenges (Guides to Individualized Evidence-Based Treatment)
- Handbook of Multicultural Mental Health: Assessment and Treatment of Diverse Populations
- Das Happy Life Construction Manual: ... für ein glückliches Leben (German Edition)
- Mindfulness and Yoga for Self-Regulation: A Primer for Mental Health Professionals
Extra resources for Crisis and Disaster Counseling: Lessons Learned From Hurricane Katrina and Other Disasters
Crisis and Disaster Counseling: Lessons Learned From Hurricane Katrina and Other Disasters by Priscilla Dass-Brailsford